These Benefits Make Ashiatsu One of the Best Massage Modalities a Client Can Experience
• The surface area of your feet is much larger than the hands, elbows, or forearms meaning you can cover a lot more area with your foot than you are able to with the other body parts.
• Less or no pain for clients. Because the pressure is spread through the larger surface area of the foot, clients can experience a deeper and more muscle relaxing massage with less or no pain. This allows clients to remain more relaxed during a deep pressure massage and experience better results.
• The muscle tension relief from an Ashiatsu massage is longer-lasting than traditional massage techniques because of the greater muscle compression and decreased pain clients experience with the pressure Ashiatsu can provide.
• Certain Ashiatsu strokes stretch the spine more efficiently than traditional massage techniques helping to open the intervertebral disc space. These Ashiatsu strokes help to elongate the spine. These movements dramatically stretch shortened muscles, relieving discomfort.
• Long, consistent compression from a well trained Ashiatsu therapist releases muscle adhesions, trigger points and chronic holding patterns, encouraging the body’s natural healing potential.
• The pressure can be as light as Swedish massage or deep tissue massage than any therapist could give using their upper body with the arms and hands.
• Because of the large surface area of the foot, effective massage work can be done in shorter periods of time.
• Because Ashiatsu is easy for the massage therapist to do and saves energy, consistent and deep pressure is easily maintained for longer periods of time leading to better results for all Ashiatsu clients.
• Ashiatsu is great for athletes wanting a sports massage or clients with a lot of muscle mass.